The Economist is a weekly international news and business publication, offering clear reporting, commentary and analysis on world current affairs, business, finance, science and technology, culture, society, media and the arts.
The Economist app is free to download and includes free access to the Editor’s picks, a weekly selection of articles chosen by editor-in-chief John Micklethwait. Digital and Print + Digital subscribers to The Economist receive access to the full contents of each edition. Print + Digital subscribers may need to activate full digital access. The prices of a digital and print subscription to The Economist can $5.99 per week.
- Weekly delivery of The Economist in print
- Full access to each week’s issue via The Economist apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows 8, Chrome, BlackBerry and Kindle Fire
- Full access to Economist.com and The Economist in audio
There is weekly, monthly, years or a 3-year subscription plan.
- Each week’s issue available from 9pm London time each Thursday
- Download each issue to your device to read without an internet connection
- Switch easily between reading and listening with The Economist in audio
- Store and access back issues
- Purchase single issues in app
- Subscribe from within the app for full access to The Economist on Android tablets, Android smartphones, the Chrome Web store and Economist.com
- Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
Should you require any assistance using The Economist app please visit Economist.com for answers to frequently asked questions as well as ways to contact customer support.
Please note: The Economist on Android is only available in countries with access to paid Android apps through Google Play. Please visit economist.com/digital for a link to the Google Play site, where you can find more information on the countries in which Google offer their apps.
User reviews: Users seem to have received The Economist app well on the mobile platform; most of the comments on the Play store are positive comments.